Saturday, March 30, 2019

Weeks 5 and 6 including Workshop 1.




Robyn Bauer Workshop



Finally some welcome rain! Unfortunately though it was the day of my first workshop in the gardens. I had several contingency plans for light rain, heavy rain or just spitting. Luckily for an hour or so it held off and we could draw outside.

My first workshop was entitled "The Body Language of Trees" and we worked with charcoal.

We started in the seminar room for the overall teaching component and then headed to the Australian rainforest area and Aboriginal trail. Here are a few pictures from the day.


Robyn Bauer Workshop




Robyn Bauer Workshop



Robyn Bauer Workshop



Robyn Bauer Workshop



Robyn Bauer Workshop



Apart from the teaching, I have spent several days in the Gardens drawing on location as usual.
I am still formulating ideas about how these observations will translate into much larger works. I have started a couple. But in the meantime, still drawing. Drawing is the basis of everything.




























No comments:

Post a Comment